Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tales from a Bedside Notebook

As an insomniac, I took to keeping a notebook by my bed years ago to help get out the anxiety filled loops that keep me up. I've slowly distilled what I write down to a few pithy sentences and since everything else that's consumed me lately has gone into my business' blog arena, I thought I'd share.

As seen in my notebook

1) I am a high functioning weirdo. I am at my most comfortable when around politicos, artists, cooks, homos, people who live/have lived in a bus, musicians, and most other fringe populations.

2) Why must my cats always pry open the bathroom door when I'm in there? I've always gone in for a strictly utilitarian purpose and they never look very pleased with what they found when they get in. Perhaps they dream solely of catnip behind closed doors.

3) Sleep - the final frontier. 5 am anxiety fueled freak out conquered for the moment. Light headedness in check. Nausea - quelled. Racing panicky thought, successfully shoved into the background. Success!

Hopefully the next round will be more interesting.

No comments: