Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tales from the Airport

I'm a collector of oddities, wherever I find them. In keeping with that, I always collect interesting phrases I hear in public - my favorites being ones overheard in airports. As I sat in Reagan National Airport Tuesday night, I couldn't help but archive these gems:

"I have a philosophical aversion to people using cell phones in bathrooms. It's just not done in polite society."

and:

"(speaker 1) Are you going to Ohio?
(speaker 2) Well, no, I'm not.
(speaker 1) Oh, how surprising!
(speaker 2) Really? Why?
(speaker 1) I don't know. You just seem like you're going to Ohio"

People are an endless source of fascination, amusement and disappointment.

1 comment:

epb said...

"People are an endless source of fascination, amusement and disappointment."
In the old sci-fi movies in the 50s, that's what the alien warlord would say before he unleashed his death-ray upon the poor pitiful earthlings.
Hopefully, Caffeinestra, you are more merciful.