Monday, March 24, 2008

And the Show Has Reached a New Low

It's is now a confirmed fact that I have regressed as a human. To wit - my refrigerator:

Exhibit A: a miscellaneous foil wrapped leftover in a bowl I never plan to reclaim as usable dishware.

Exhibit B: the alcohol shelf (which, by volume, makes up the bulk of the refrigerated items)

Exhibit C: the cheese shelf. I'm not sure when I purchased anything on this shelf and I don't intend to open any of them lest I unleash a new bacterium on the world.

Exhibit D: the bread section. Note that I have purchased the same loaf of bread multiple times without finishing the loaf before. This can be traced to the practice of shopping on the way home from work after not having been in my apartment for multiple days.

Exhibit E: the lone inhabitant of my vegetable drawer - an aged shriveled onion. Rest in peace my layered friend. I'll give you a proper burial when I move out in June.

The truly sad part of all of this is that I used to cook daily. And the joyful part of this is that I have better things to do with my time than sitting home alone cooking. But still, this is a sad moment for the history of my owned and rented refrigerators.

1 comment:

Joshua said...

"wow... I had mustard?"