Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Tale of Two Weekends

Yet again, I have been neglectful of this blog. I blame Oscar:


I could make an absolutely dreadful "cat and mouse" pun but I'll spare you. Even I have dignity. Ok, a little dignity.

The truth of the matter is that besides the relentless crashing of waves of grants at work, the lovely Vermont weather has conspired against me having anything interesting to write of. But I'll do my best.

Last weekend it iced. It didn't rain, it didn't snow, it iced:


Josh, Selene and I were yet again holed up above the Radio Bean. And thus, another vegetable was anthropomorphized (thanks to Selene for crocheting the sweet potato hat and for supplying the googly eyes):



Josh played the guitar he made with the effects board he also made:



And me? I paper mache'd a shoe box. Yeah, I lose.


This weekend finds me refinishing a suitcase I found at Recycle North for a whopping $0.81 and yet again scraping paint and glue off my hands on a Sunday afternoon. I'm documenting the progress and will share soon. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Joshua said...

And once again, film proves itself my enemy.

l.e.h. said...

Once again, your affinity for self-deprecation proves itself your enemy, not the film. I wouldn't have posted a crappy photo.

In all fairness, I don't think you'd shaved recently, but to disparage your visage is to disparage my good taste. I think you're lovely, you dork.

Besides, film can't be your enemy here. It's a digital camera.