Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday Musings

Once again another week begins and once again I'm living off of two cups of coffee and a distinctly empty stomach. So what do I do? I begin a blog post. My apologies for what I'm sure will be a sincerely un-profound ramble. I have previously mentioned my penchant for surfing craigslist, everyone's favorite virtual garage sale, but I have not mentioned that I also have a devilishly good time looking over online personal ads. It's not that I'm necessarily mean spirited, since at one time I too posted one, but it is just so darn entertaining to see what the potent cocktail of desperation, online access and a 500 word maximum will do to a human being in this state with 600,000 people and 9 months of winter. My personal favorites include:

Pro:
- people with odd hobbies that they're not afraid to disclose (i.e. mastery of the accordion)
- anyone who has the guts (no pun intended) to post that they're significantly overweight
- Vermonters who aren't afraid to admit they've never skied and don't want to learn
- people who fess up to the fact that posting an online personal is extremely embarrassing

Con:
- people who substitute a picture of a kitten for their photo
- use of the word "sensual"
- men in their 50's who claim they "just like to cuddle"
- people who put "looking for friendship" in their ad when they're clearly not

Bored? Entertainment abounds if you know where to look...

No comments: