Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Insert Celebratory Title Here

While I'm sure there's nothing unique I can say about this historic and reaffirming landslide election, I feel I should say something. And that something is that for the first time in a long time, I'm proud of this country. I'm proud that so many disenfranchised people voted for the first time. I'm proud that all the kids I work with who are of very diverse backgrounds feel they have a future. I'm proud that my state was the first to go for Obama. I'm proud that former VT governor Howard Dean helped create the 50 state strategy. I'm proud that across the country, people put aside prejudice and instead chose hope. I'm proud that my niece will grow up in a world where anyone can be president. And I'll be even more proud when it's a woman standing in that oval office, which I never thought I'd see in my life time and now believe there's a good sporting chance of it.

Well done.

No comments: