Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Good Ol' Vermonters Make Craigslist Fun

This was posted on craigslist's household section this morning and it is just so typical of Vermont, I had to share:

Vintage items on Porch, Summer long (Rutland, Nichols and W. St)


"I have been collecting, buying, and selling vintage items for years and years. I have glassware, pottery, porcelain, linens and more. I have some gorgeous items out and will be continuing to put more out all summer. I’m there, well just kinda when I down there, no set hours, but making Sunday a regular day. It’s hard to find other places open then or that have anything worth looking at by then at regular yard sales. Stop by and look whenever you want, if I’m not there, feel free to come to the back wooden steps and see if I’m home, or leave me a note downstairs when you want to come back and I’ll be there."

Welcome to how the Vermont economy functions for the most part. Throughout the growing season you can also find un-staffed roadside farmer stands with a box, usually sitting on a stump, where you leave your payment. The honor system lives!

1 comment:

epb said...

Wow.
After no new postings for the second half of April and all of May, I kind of got out of the habit of checking C-Drool every day. Now I take a peek and there are six new posts in the last two weeks! I'm sorry, I won't stray again,
As usual all your projects have inspired me NOT to try to emulate you because you are one superhuman volcano of energy and talent and even my wildest dreams of accomplishment pale next to your actual deeds. In the last month or so I have painted a bedroom, replaced a couple sections of outdoor siding on our house, and starting scraping the garage in preparation for painting. Oh --I also took four different bikes to the Old Spokes Home for tune-ups and repairs. Exhausted, you betcha.
You're tops, Kiddo!