Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sharing mean caring. Especially when fire is involved.

As I mentioned earlier, I did a bit of burning in my backyard today. Here's what I started with:


But three months of paper that would have been shredded if I owned a shredder quickly became:






So much for thinking the text would be destroyed:




The best part of the day was my upstairs neighbor in his window staring, pointing, and laughing at me, his crazy downstairs neighbor, as she burns paper in the middle of January, photographing it as it ignites...

1 comment:

epb said...

What is the chance, dear Caffeinestra, of this public burning becoming an annual event? You could invite friends, relatives, neighbors and the public at large to bring items to add to the flames --sort of a Burning Man East. It could be a Major Event.
Imagine -- people bringing old love letters, rejected novel manuscripts, parking tickets, unfinished sudoku puzzles, things-to-do lists, report cards, and all other remnants of shattered dreams to purge in the cleansing flames.
Right-wing Christians could bring Harry Potter novels to toss into the Inferno.
Pagans could bring right-wing Christians and throw them in.
The timing would be perfect next year for everyone to bring Bush/Cheney memorabilia to destroy forever.
And since this would be a Vermont winter event, apricot brandy and doughnuts for everyone!!
Think about it and get back to me.